First library in Italy to be recognized PARIMONIO UNESCO is the only example still existing convent humanist library perfectly preserved in its structure, furnishings and archive library.
The original idea was born in the fourteenth century by the monks of the convent of San Francesco, who decided to annex a studium to their convent, but its implementation took place only in 1450 thanks to Novello Malatesta.
Upon entering, the impression is of being in a real "church in miniature" with three naves. The colors refer to the emblem of the Malatesta family: the white of the columns medians, the red terracotta floors and columns and green plaster, brought to light by the restoration of the twenties of the twentieth century.
To make the Library had an adequate allocation of Books, the Malatesta endowed it with one desk, which in two decades produced over 120 codes, which went to integrate with other manuscripts he commissioned or purchased (about 150), who soon They were added others, to form an initial core of well 343 precious manuscripts.
Si ringraziano per la cortese concessione delle loro fotografie:
Comune di Bagno di Romagna, Cooperativa Atlantide, Pier Luigi Ricci, Massimo Schiumarini, Caterina Rigoni, Federico Locatelli, Mattia Vesco, Miriam Narducci, Nevio Agostini