The refuge is open and provided with water and barbecue. It is located on the Nasseto Flat to 897 meters above sea level and has been obtained from the ruins of the adjoining structures to large farmhouse that occupied this plain. Historically, the farm is the news in 1500 and has remained active and used until the '60s of the last century. Here they were brought pasture, or "the trusts" as they used to say once, animals from other pastures. A large meadow used as grazing where even today, in the summer, it can happen to come across some herd. The landscape, however, with the passage of time is changing gradually from a simple lawn into the woods, for the presence of increasingly dense brambles and wild plants.
The entire farm is crossed by a trail flanked by a double row of maples, oaks and secular hornbeams: gateway to the Passo Serra, following a path that once practiced pilgrims to Rome. Continuing along the trail you will arrive at the foot of Mount Zuccherodante, where little by little the landscape changes and becomes more barren and bare, with suggestions similar to those of a lunar landscape.
Si ringraziano per la cortese concessione delle loro fotografie:
Comune di Bagno di Romagna, Cooperativa Atlantide, Pier Luigi Ricci, Massimo Schiumarini, Caterina Rigoni, Federico Locatelli, Mattia Vesco, Miriam Narducci, Nevio Agostini